Friday, January 7, 2011

Hot Tubs of Water




I’ve been to Hot Springs before but being in Texas we’ve noticed how things are much less regulated. So there were no hours of operation on when we could use the community kitchen, any specific place to put our tent or the best part any strict hours regulating hot spring use. Thus, at around 9pm Rey and I already partially freezing, stripped in 35 degree weather (SO COLD) and went into one of the springs. The water was lovely and warm. I can’t remember the last time I saw so many stars, they were clustered and felt alive. I couldn’t stop thinking of the scene from Lion King when Mufasa discusses all the stars being great Kings from years past to Simba…even in Texas I’m still five years old at heart. It was one of the most romantic places I’ve ever been. After soaking we slept in our lovely tent (Ennis, named in honor of Heath Ledger’s character in Broke Back Mountain) and froze and froze and froze… next time we’ll bring sleeping bags. 

1 comment:

  1. Okay. Now you really have to come visit me... in the summer so I can take you real camping.

    ReplyDelete