Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Got my car towed....sorry mom.


Went for Oysters with our lovely host Brent after his work day at NPR. Rey and Brent did
Saki Oyster shots...I opted to treat my stomach a little better. The food was delicious. 



 SO  When I parked my car at Brent's he told me to park in the visitor spot assuring me I'd be fine
even without the visitor pass (his roommate had the pass and was currently in Illinois). So we
get back to his house after a wonderful dinner, have some wine and Brent decides to just check on my car
for safe measure... conversation goes roughly as follows....


Door Shuts to the house. 
Me - (Yelling from upstairs) everything good?
nothing
Me - brent?
Brent walks into the room. 
Brent- So I don't think your car is there.
Me - haha yeah ok. 
Brent - unless it's a nissan, I don't think it's there.
Me - you're kidding right.... 
Brent - no no, but it'll be fine. 

I have a slight heart attack but then Brent takes charge of the situation (like a grownup) and we grab a  cab to East Towing Company... aka the sketchiest place ever. The lady (Rhonda as I've named her) at the counter gives us a bit of hard time but we eventually get my car and drive safely back home. I figure everyone has to get their car towed at least once....right? You need these stories to tell your kids.

I don't think DC could have been any better.

1 comment:

  1. Brent was still able to joke around after having lost his car. Hehe. That's composure at its finest. :D It is pretty normal to have your car towed away once in your life. Beyond that is definitely not good. After all, everything is put in the record books. Hehe.

    [Isabella Pospisil]

    ReplyDelete